Forgiveness and Restoration Workshop
How can we overcome the anger and resentment generated by the harm suffered in our lives?
How can we transform narratives of victimhood and desires of revenge to be able to move forward?
The ESPERE workshop – the Schools of Forgiveness and Reconciliation program developed by Fundación para la Reconciliación in Colombia– will help you understand the crucial role that forgiveness plays in restoration.
If you want to embark on a personal journey to learn a pedagogy that can help to liberate us from the impact of harm in our lives, this experiential workshop is for you.
What you can expect from this workshop:
- Work with a personal offence experienced in your past.
- Acknowledge the impact of offences on your emotions, responses and behaviours.
- Understand the consequences of anger and resentment on physical and emotional health.
- Discover alternatives to overcome the corrosive emotions that lead to cycles of vengeance and violence, and to be freed from a past connected to pain and victimhood.
- Explore principles that restore dignity and care in relationships.
- Recognize the role of truth and justice in restoring trust.
- Exercise restorative practices that can heal memories and create new narratives for your future.
Workshop hosted by CICR brought by ForGiving ForRestoring Canada
The ESPERE Schools of Forgiveness and Reconciliation developed by Fundación para la Reconciliación in Colombia have taught the practice of forgiveness to 2.2 million people in 22 countries since 2002.
ForGiving ForRestoring Canada (FFC) is a non-profit dedicated to spreading the power of forgiveness across the country. We believe that forgiveness is the path to sustainable peace. We believe that forgiveness can be learned and fostered. We are partnered with Fundación para la Reconciliación in Colombia and Forgiveness International in North America to promote the advancement of a pedagogy and culture of care, forgiveness and restoration.