TPN 2 - Developing Facilitation Skills for Groups in Conflict
Building on TPN 1 as a prerequisite, this workshop provides intensive training on facilitating groups in conflict and preventing groups from escalating conflict into something non-productive. Key tasks of a facilitator and core skills are taught and practiced. They include such things as creating and effectively using a process agenda, creating and enforcing ground rules, techniques for including all participants, techniques for capturing the ideas of participants and skills for keeping to the process and within the allotted time and dealing with difficult behaviors.
In TPN 2, you will explore:
- How can we ensure everyone's voice is heard?
- How can we best manage difficult behaviours?
- How can we create a non-judgment and non-threatening atmosphere?
- How can we meet our mandate while managing the group's needs?
- How can we use the art of the question to help a group move forward?