Scholarship Program

Are you interested in taking our Third Party Neutral program but do not have the financial means to register?

Do you want to use conflict resolution skills to better your community?

If you are, you could be eligible for a scholarship.

Successful candidates will be assessed on how well they meet all of the following criteria:

Initiative. What are you doing now that involves you in a leadership capacity within your community?

Service. To what extent are you engaged in community based organizations that focus on helping others?

    • type of organization(s) to which you belong
    • hours devoted per month
    • other personal resources applied

Intentions. How will this training help you to improve conflict resolution within your community?

    • discuss the impact that the skills you learn will have in your volunteer activities

Need. Why does your financial situation necessitate a scholarship? Please indicate:

    • your level of disposable income
    • your main expenditure areas
    • if you have explored other funding sources

References Required

Along with your Scholarship application, please also provide two letters of reference that support how you meet the above criteria. These letters should not be from friends, co-workers or family, but rather from individuals such as employers, teachers, clergy, administrators or other officials. Please also provide contact information for your references.

Scholarships Amounts

Successful applicants will normally be granted a scholarship that covers 75% of the listed course fee. Payment of the remaining 25% plus tax is an individual responsibility and must be paid before course commencement. This amount is fully refundable up to 14 days before the course starts in the event the student is unable to attend.

Please be advised that scholarships are for tuition only, and other expenses and arrangements such as for travel, accommodation and meals are not included and are an individual responsibility.

International students

Visas

Successful applicants may require a visa to enter Canada. Obtaining a visa is an individual responsibility. This can be a process that may take several weeks or months. Successful scholarship applicants should contact Canadian consular officials within their country to determine the length of the administrative process involved before selecting a realistic course commencement date. CICR will provide a letter to a successful candidate stating that he or she has been offered a training scholarship, however no further assistance can be provided.

Language

CICR conducts courses in English or French. Applicants must be sufficiently fluent in either language to be able to fully participate in group activities, role playing and written exercises.

Administration

Scholarship applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee at the end of each calendar quarter in which they are received. Applicants will normally be advised of the results within 15 days of the end of each quarter.

If you meet the criterias outlined, you can apply by sending a 1-2 page document covering all of the point above to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Make sure the subject of your email is 'Scholarship Application'. You can also apply by fax by sending your application at (613) 235-5801 or by mail at the following address: CICR, 223 Main Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1S 1C4

 

 

Partnerships

 
cjcu logo cmo icon macewanu icon  USP logo AST Logo 2017 usherbrooke icon unb icon

Accreditations

 
USP logo law society of upper canada registered insurance brokers of ontario royal college of dental surgeons of ontario